A Doocey Group company having vast experience in line and field work across a wide variety of industry sectors including the utility services of gas, water and electricity.
Now drilling on average 20,000 metres a year we have successfully completed well over 300,000 metres of line and field work over the past 20 years. Doocey directional drilling is a valuable specialist company within the Doocey Group. Each week new projects are carried out safely, successfully and precisely.
The directional drilling service we provide is of particular value when open cut work is either a physical impossibility or the disruption caused would affect environmentally sensitive areas or transport infrastructures. For example on canals, rivers, streams, railways, fields, environmentally sensitive areas, roads, motorways, airport runways and embankments.
Our 15 tonne rigs carry out a vast part of our work and larger 40 tonne rigs are available for specialist projects.
Our specialist drillers are very passionate taking pride in every job. Working under strict instructions they make sure each site is walked prior to start, plant is checked, all utilities are identified or exposed, every safety measure is put in place and everyone must be happy before a permit is issued. They work closely with the client or site gangs to ensure all procedures are followed and satisfied before commencing on-site.
Advantages of horizontal directional drilling
• Quick, efficient and therefore economic and cost effective
• Minimal disruption to the surface infrastructure services
• Unaffected by surface obstacles
• Time saving alternative to open cut methods when installing pipes amidst extensive underground infrastructure or at significant depths
• Reduced impact on carbon footprint
• Pipework and cables can be installed in either a straight or curved alignment to help avoid underground complications and services
• HDD removes the requirement for deep excavations
• A reduced requirement for land possessions, road closures, opening notices etc, if required
• A reduced requirement for restricted working hours and premium rate working.
As with all our work Doocey Group prides itself in using its own finely tuned machinery and our experienced long standing staff and management team ensure we deliver the best service to our clients in this delicate line of work.